* Oracle today unveiled Oracle Tuxedo 10g R3, a component of Oracle Fusion Middleware.
* Oracle Tuxedo 10g R3 provides mainframe-class scale and performance on open, distributed systems for software written in C, C++, and COBOL, and is the premier platform for "rehosting" mainframe applications on mainstream hardware.
* Oracle Tuxedo 10g R3 is the latest in a series of product releases that combine technology from Oracle Fusion Middleware and BEA Systems. These products illustrate the rapid progress that Oracle is making in combining market-leading technologies from the two companies into a unified product offering.
* Oracle also announced the availability of Oracle Service Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo (SALT) 10g R3 and Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor (TSAM) 10g R3. The new releases are focused on standardization and improving SOA-enablement.
* Oracle SALT is the SOA-enablement product option for Oracle Tuxedo. Oracle SALT provides a standards-based, easy-to-use, configuration driven, bi-directional Web-services gateway and an SCA container to simplify new application development using standards based programming model while leveraging Oracle Tuxedo infrastructure.
* The new features and capabilities of Oracle Tuxedo 10g R3, Oracle SALT 10g R3 and Oracle TSAM 10g R3 are combined with enhanced integration with the following Oracle Fusion Middleware components: Oracle Coherence, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite.
* Oracle Tuxedo 10g R3 is certified with Oracle Clusterware to improve the availability of existing and new applications. Because Oracle Clusterware is a also certified with Oracle Real Application Clusters, integration between Oracle Tuxedo 10g R3 and Oracle Real Application Clusters is significantly enhanced.
Read more ...